MONDAY, SEPT. 6, 2011 >>>
1. Every Wakes Monday, the dancers in Abbots Bromley, England take up the traditional horns for their legendary 16 kilometer trek of dancing through countryside and pub yards. The Puget Sound Revels are down with that. From noon to 2 p.m. in Tacoma's Old Town Park, the Revels will stage their own wakes Monday thing and teach folks the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance, as well as several other country dances. And because they are the Revels, they'll sing a few traditional songs too.
2. Metro Parks spraygrounds in Tacoma hit that sweet spot for parents: The spraygrounds size and variety will entertain kids for hours, and, best of all, the spraygrounds are free. Metro Parks will extend its operating schedule for six popular spraygrounds to remain open daily through Sept. 11: Jefferson Park, McKinley Playfield, Norpoint Park, South Park and Wapato Hills Park.
3. Tacoma Rainiers host the Fresno Grizzlies for the final game of the season at 1:35 p.m. at Cheney Stadium.
4. Magoo's Annex's Micro Mondays with DJ Melodica has become a habit for many, specifically those who enjoy punk, post punk, New Wave, early electronica and garage tunes while waiting for that one damn pool table. Tonight, the bar is raised a bit as DJ Aaron Mack joins Melodica behind the turntables. Get in on the party beginning at 8:30 p.m.
5. The Greta Jane Quartet will fill the Royal Lounge in Olympia with jazz in support of FORGE, Olympia's own self defense class for women. The show begins at 9:30 p.m.
LINK: Live music tonight