SUNDAY, SEPT. 4, 2011 >>>
1. When it comes to finding live blues in Tacoma, there's rarely a better bet than Sunday night at the Spar in Old Town. This week, the Spar welcomes national touring blues act the Avey Brothers, best known near the Illinois-Iowa border but becoming a well known name in blues thanks to tireless touring and strong performances at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis. Doling out classics and originals, the Avey Brothers remind is the blues is anything but dead.
2. Josiah & Sam Bogle drop some music on today's South Tacoma Farmers Market, which kicks off at 11 a,m. and runs to 3 p.m. in the Heritage Bank parking lot at S. 56th and Washington Street.
3. Jazzbones is all about the ‘90s. Earlier this week the club welcomed Marcy Playground. Tonight, check out the "Foam Fest II" featuring DJ J-Fresh.
4. Make today the day you check out the Woven Stories: Native American Basketry of the Pacific Northwestexhibit at the Harbor History Museum in Gig Harbor.
5. Drop in on the weekly all-ages community drum circle at Ted Brown Music in Tacoma today, from 6:30 - 8 p.m. Those interested can bring their own drum or borrow one at the event.