July 12, 2011 at 4:06am
TUESDAY, JULY 12 >>>
1. The Lovely Bad Things play blissed-out, fuzzed-up garage-pop that bursts with jangly exuberance. Their sound is unmistakably Californian in its laid-back pop-mindedness. Catch them at 8 p.m. inside The New Frontier Lounge.
2. It's "Local Artists Appreciation Day" at the 6th Avenue Farmers Market beginning at 3 p.m. in the North Pine Street and Sixth Avenue neighborhood. Southern Skies provides the soundtrack.
3. Every Tuesday, the Northern Pacific Coffee Company takes a look at who and what's giving the South Sound the giggles with its comedy open mic hosted by Jennifae beginning at 8 p.m.
4. It would feel a lot better losing a quiz game if you were drunk. A genius in Colorado has taken that concept, and the Irish pub quiz tradition, to "next-level" status, incorporating multi-media quiz questions and opportunities to win stuff through the national craze Geeks Who Drink, hosted locally by Holland Hume every Tuesday at 8 p.m. inside Paddy Coyne's.
5. Hindershot, The Northern Rail and Eo Ipso will rock Le Voyeur around 9 p.m.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...