April 16, 2011 at 3:19am
SATURDAY, APRIL 16, 2011 >>>
1. The best time to enjoy Cicada's New Orleans meets Northwest awesome food is when master pianist Joe Baque, bassist Steve Luceno and percussionist Michael Olson fill the room with Latin jazz - like at 8 p.m. tonight.
2. Prom: It was a night of teenage majesty with shiny tuxedo shoes and (hopefully) a hidden flask full of Popov's Vodka and Tahitian Treat to take the edge off - how else could you muster up the confidence to seductively grind your date during " I Wanna Sex U Up"? However, for the women, prom is all about the dress. From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., prom and party dresses, along with accessories, shoes and jewelry, will be featured at the "It's All About The Dress" sale in store space adjacent to Tacoma Goodwill's North Tacoma Store, 5401 Sixth Ave. in the Sixth Avenue Place shopping center.
3. Indiana Jones with the rousing fanfare, the bullwhip, and, yes, the fedora will hit The Grand Cinema's screen at 10:30 p.m. More specifically, Click! TV presents Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for free to the first 100 people through the door, which opens at 10 a.m.
4. Those naughty Renegade Calendar Girls will participate in a photo shoot at Ink Spot Tattoo at 52nd and South Tacoma Way beginning at noon. Maybe you can sneak your smile into a shot - next to their cleavage. Maybe you'll get thrown out the door. Either way, EXCITING!
5. The dedication of the Harry P. Cain Promenade in downtown Tacoma between the Murano Hotel and the Tacoma Convention Center went down yesterday. Today, at 2 p.m., Author C. Mark Smith speaks about conservative-libertarian philosophy of Sen. Harry P. Cain inside the Tacoma Public Library's Main downtown branch. Only 34 in 1940 when he was first elected mayor of Tacoma, Cain's unpredictable and sometimes contradictory politics followed him to the U.S. Senate, the Subversive Activities Control Board during the Eisenhower Administration, and finally, even to the Miami-Dade County Commission in his adopted Florida.
LINK: Wine tastings!
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...