March 18, 2011 at 6:30am
FRIDAY, MARCH 18, 2011 >>>
1. If you're as hung-over as we are, you may well need something to balance you out on this day after St. Patrick's Day. Try a bit of yoga, maybe? Or, just try listening to writer Claire Dederer talk about yoga (and life) in Olympia.
2. Dukesbay Production's Java Tacoma: Episode 37, Ashes to Ashes, Cup to Cup is an ode to Tacoma and the unintentional (though very intentional here) humor and dramatic storylines of daytime TV ... which also plays off an undying adoration for everyone's favorite caffeinated beverage. Written by Curtis B. Swanson and directed by Randy Clark, Java Tacoma: Episode 37 is the first work to hit the stage in what is planned to be a yearly installment of this series. You've got two last chances to see it - today or tomorrow.
3. Beyond the Bridge Café on Tacoma's Sixth Avenue is the extended living room for musicians and musicians-in-the-making every Friday night during its all-ages open mic. People - ranging from members of the silver haired set to tweenies - read, surf the Net, chat or kick back with a beer or a mug of joe and listen to music strum and holler from the stage. Check it out tonight. Or, click here for the Volcano's comprehensive live local music listings.
4. Sometimes the best possible therapy is blasting someone with a paintball gun. Are we right, or are we right? In this spirit, try checking into Freak Fridays at Tacoma Tactical today.
5. It's "Family Night" at Edgeworks Climbing in Tacoma - meaning your family of scalers can meet other families of scalers. Awesome.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...