December 30, 2010 at 7:15am
THURSDAY, DEC. 30 >>>
1. Hip-hop and electronic based - not to mention Tacoma-bred - Eliot Lipp will be at The New Frontier Lounge tonight with City Hall. Go here for details. This show will be dope.
2. The Not-Its will kiddy-rock the Moore and Wheelock libraries in Tacoma today. Naturally, because they wear skinny-ties, the Weekly Volcano is on it.
3. Fox Hole Whores, The Americommies, Phasers On Kill and Radamus play Hell's Kitchen tonight. This one should be pleasant ... and by "pleasant" we mean "pleasantly brutal and drunk."
4. It's T-Town Thursday at Masa Comida Mexicana. Have a Tecate and represent, yo!
5. Saxophonist Steve Munger will lay down a couple sets of the good stuff tonight at Ben Moore's in Olympia. When Volcano editor Matt Driscoll was in college at Evergreen, Munger worked at a convenience store near his home - and he'd often stumble in to buy American Spirits only to find Munger wailing away on his sax behind the register. Driscoll reports it was, "awesome," but Driscoll was also high for his entire five and a half years at Evergreen ... so take it for what it's worth. That said, Munger is a class act and his performance at Ben Moore's this evening sounds like the perfect way to wind down the New Year's shortened week.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...
The 7th Cavalry was entrapped the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. The 9th Cavalry...