November 15, 2010 at 7:16am
1. Exquisite Disarray Publishing will host a poetry event at 7 p.m. in the Olympic Room of the downtown Tacoma Public Library. A reading and awards ceremony, Tacoma-raised, Northwest poet Jeremy Halinen will read from his work, What Other Choice, and also be recognized as the winner of the 2010 First Book Poetry Contest. What Other Choice - available for the first time today - features Halinen writing about, Movingly and frankly about his experiences as a young gay man in Washington State," according to the press release. Should be a worthy evening.
2. The most dominate cartoon force ever to roam the sacred streets of T-Town, the bearded and venerable R.R. Anderson, officially releases the much-anticipated 100 Tacomics: The Secular & Apolitical Cartoon Life of Tacoma and her Moral People(s) today at King's Books. An easy-to-reference and sure-to-offend collection of Anderson's work from the last four years (funded by the Tacoma Arts Commission!), R.R.'s new book promises to finally set the world on the path toward redemption and revolution - or at the very least look good on your coffee table.
3. Join acoustic guitar master Vince Brown (also a master of most things stringed) with the Greta Jane Quartet at the Royal Lounge in Olympia tonight.
4. Score some Free Shorts today from the Olympia Film Festival - in the form of the traditional Free Shorts Program. Starting at 1 p.m. the collection of all-over-the-board short films - each 7-15 minutes in length - promises to be eclectic, perhaps bizarre, and most definitely entertaining.
5. It's movie night at Le Voyeur in Olympia. Grab some chicken fried tofu and hang out.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...
John, thanks for the feedback. We don't have a website up yet and we're actually looking for...