September 17, 2010 at 4:52am
FRIDAY, SEPT. 17, 2010 >>>
1. The current record for Largest Food Drive Ever netted half a million pounds of food. Now Emergency Food Network, Northwest Harvest, Tacoma Public Schools and the Stadium Centennial Foundation hope to celebrate the Stadium Bowl's 100th anniversary by doubling that record from Friday to Saturday. Fill the Bowl kicks off (that's a pun, sports fans!) with a 3 p.m. parade, followed by the epic feline gridiron battle of the Tigers of Stadium High vs. the Lions of Bellarmine Prep and screenings of "10 Things I Hate About You" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" beginning at 10 p.m. All donations go to food banks right here in the Puget Sound area. Cash donations are greatly appreciated; giving $10 is as simple as texting "Hunger" to 89544. To donate more, text "Hunger" followed by the dollar amount to 27138.
2. Chalking up the concrete spaces around Frost Park from noon to 1 p.m. might not top most people's list of things to do today. However, let us throw this enticement at you: If the Feed Tacoma peeps vote your chalk art as the Frost Park Chalk Challenge winner, you'll win two two-day passes to the Tacoma Craft Beer Festival Oct. 1-2 at the Foss Waterway Seaport. We're talking 50 breweries and more than 100 different craft beers. We're talking a $74 value. We're done talking.
3. Black Sheep Creamery co-owner and cheese maker Brad Gregory will introduce Metropolitan Market customers to artisan and specialty cheeses from 3-7 p.m.
4. Elizabeth Lord is many things: bartender, storyteller, gifted actor - and, once a year, Lord Franzannian, the gruff but lovable drag host of Oly's premier vaudeville revue, Lord Franzannian's Royal Olympia Spectacular, which hits the Midnight Sun Performance Space stage at 8 p.m. We don't know what the good Lord's lineup will be this year, but odds are there'll be music, juggling and lovely ladies of all shapes and sizes removing frilly garments for your edification and pleasure.
5. Doyle's Public House throws a "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day Party" featuring Ockham's Razor at 9 p.m.
LINK: New movies open today
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...