July 12, 2010 at 4:07am
MONDAY, JULY 12, 2010 >>>
1. Heralded for its trippiness and cheesy special effects, Hausu, or House, has been restored, newly subtitled and re-released in the United States by Janus Films for for an 8:30 p.m. screening of feline-fearing, mirror-smashing, random plot detouring (look out for the ramen bear) wackiness inside The Grand Cinema. The goofy ghost story centers on "Gorgeous" and her group of giddy teenage girlfriends who summer vacation at Gorgeous' wheelchair-bound aunt's country house, only to encounter cackling severed heads, a man transformed into fruit, a killer piano, and the meanest house cat of all time.
2. Trinda Love's painting are rich textured images with a variety of subjects that are made with the palette knife rather than a brush. Check them out from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Mary Boze Gallery inside the Tahoma Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Tacoma.
3. The Graphic Novel Book Club discuss Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud at 7 p.m. inside the book-themed 1022 South lounge in Tacoma.
4. The Jerry Miller Band will play The Swiss at 8 p.m.
5. Grit Rock Monday at The New Frontier Lounge features DJ Darren Selectors pinning Tacoma indie rock and underground hits beginning at 9 p.m.
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...