July 9, 2010 at 4:45am
FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010 >>>
1. Yeah, we're going to be all snobby and use the film's original name, Hausu, instead of the probably better known but still underground House, a 1977 Japanese should-be cult classic premiering at 8 p.m. inside The Grand Cinema. We're those kind of people. Described as a psychedelic ghost tale, a stream-of-consciousness bedtime story, and "an episode of Scooby Doo as directed by Dario Argento," if you're into bizarre cinema and subtitles, House's one-week run at The Grand should not be missed.
2. If you delight in glass beadwork's minute details, you'll be dazzled by the Puget Sound Bead Festival this weekend inside the Hotel Murano Bicentennial Pavilion, where beads, jewelry and sculpted beadwork will take center stage. Daily demonstrations and more than 70 lectures and workshops are on the docket. Get small today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
3. One of our fave parts about summer is the Friday Frost Park Chalk Off: so beautiful, so ephemeral, so much funnier when atheists sponsor it - as in today's challenge, which goes down from noon to 1 p.m. in the downtown Tacoma park.
4. Open mics offer the most effective means of social control since the demise of public hanging or (at least) since the advent of satellite TV. The Distinguished Writer Series Open Mic, open to all poets, begins at 7 p.m. inside King's Books in Tacoma. And remember, whoever walks a mile full of false sympathy walks to the funeral of the whole human race, or something.
5. Hey kids, do you like the punk rock? Broken Oars, My Life In Black & White, South 11th, C.F.A., and Artimus Maximus invades Hell's Kitchen beginning at 9 p.m.
LINK: New movies open today
LINK: Concert go on sale today
Off duty rules.
5 Things To Do, All Ages, Arts, Benefits, Best of Olympia, Best of TAcoma, Bobble Tiki, Books, Chainsuck, Classical Music, Comedy, Comment The The Day, Community, Concerts, Condemn or Allow?, Contest, Day Tripper, DJ/Electronica, Events, Facebook, Fashion, Federal Way, Fife, Fircrest, Food & Drink, Future Things Are Coming, Games, Genius, Gig Harbor, Green Crush, Happy Hour Hug, Holidays, In Their Words, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Keeping Up With The Coffeehouses, Lacey, Lakewood, Media, Military, Milton, Music, Nerd Alert!, Night Moves, Not Cool, Olympia, Outdoor Addict, outdoors, Photo Hot Spot, Podcast, Pop Culture, Poster of the Day, Puyallup, Radio, Retail, Rocket Science, Ruston, Schools, Screens, Sex, Shout Out, Spanaway, Sports, Steilacoom, Summer Tip, Sumner, Tacoma, Theater, Tightwad, Travel, Twitter, University Place, USO, Video Hot Spot, Volunteer, Web/Tech, Word
Looks delicious! Thank you Jackie for share ^^
Banff National Park is a breath of fresh air. A small mountain town with world class facilities...
Too many cover-bands play at The Swiss.
Wohoo! Love this and great work! From one Assyrian to another I congratulate you and am rooting...