TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010 >>>
1. The Sixth Avenue Farmers Market opens today for front door shopping, plus personal chef Jasmine Beiracki will demonstrate how to make a baby greens salad, singer/bassist Josiah Bogle performs at the market's opening at 3:30 p.m., DJ Bobby Galaxy spins at 4:30 p.m. and it all goes down until 7:30 p.m. on Pine Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues.
2. Flow, an exhibit of calligraphic art by two very different practitioners of the form - classically trained sumi painter Andrea Erickson and modernist Maureen McHugh - closes today from noon to 5 p.m. at mineral.
3. Essays and speeches will be delivered by students from five Clover Park School District middle schools at 6:30 p.m. inside Mann Middle School in Lakewood. See the future.
4. Saxophonist Kareem Kandi hosts an open jazz jam at SAX on Sixth Restaurant and Lounge beginning at 9 p.m.
5. DJ Omar spins at 10 p.m. inside Jazzbones.