Don’t forget the Grill is celebrating Lobsterpalooza through the end of the month. They have a ton of fresh lobster from New England. I sampled the lobster couscous salad, bitter poached lobster risotto, lobster spaghetti and a lobster tail on a stick with bacon-wrapped green beans riding shotgun. Chef Matt Brandsey, besides being a really cool guy, is a true talent. You have to dine on his lobster creations. He has taken his favorite dishes and added lobster twists. Delicious. And Brandsey has paired Washington white wines for each dish, too. — Ron Swarner
[Sea Grill, 1498 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, 253.272.5656]
Housed in the spot once occupied by Aroma Café at 10th and Pacific Avenue, Vinum Coffee & Wine Lounge has been serving breakfast and lunch for five weeks; dinner and wine for three. They keep it simple: five white pours and six reds, all less than $10; a dozen dinner entrees listed as bites but arrive as chunks. Six cheese options arrive as three for $10 or five for $14. The three-cheese plate needs two people to finish. The Spanish egg roll ($7) should be renamed as a log — a huge helping of Mexican seasoned chicken and black beans in an Asian style wrap. — RS
[Vinum Coffee & Wine Lounge, 1001 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, 253.572.8215]
- The Sea Grill in downtown Tacoma offers a $30 Prix Fixe Before Six menu with a featured wine flight option. Give them a ring at 253.272.5656.
- The Pacific Grill in downtown Tacoma will offer a Thanksgiving dinner Nov. 27, 2-7 p.m. for $34.95, $15 for children 12 and younger. Make your reservations at 253.627.3535.
- Stephanie Gospel and Jazz restaurant will serve a Thanksgiving dinner for homeless families and families in transition Thursday from noon to 2 p.m. The restaurant is at 928 Pacific Ave. in downtown Tacoma. Nice.
- Dockside Bistro & Wine Bar in Olympia hosts a Wine Class every Saturday at 3 p.m. To register, call 360.956.1928.
- Wednesdays: Dollar Rainier Night, 2914 Sixth Ave., Tacoma, 253.779.0229.
- Thursdays: Wine tastings, 5-7 p.m., complimentary, Cork!, 3012 Sixth Ave., Tacoma, 253.212.1492.
- Fridays: Wine tastings, 6-8 p.m., $7.50-$10, WineStyles Wine & Gifts, 2665 N. Pearl St., Tacoma, 253.756.1922.
- Saturdays: Wine tastings, 1-4 p.m., $5-$7, Swing Wine Bar, 825 Columbia St. S.E., Olympia, 360.357.9464.
- Saturdays: Wine tasting, 2-5 p.m., Wine Bank, 7017 27th St. W., University Place, 253.564.1101.
- Saturdays: Wine tasting, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Corky Cellars, 22511 Marine View Dr., Des Moines, 206.622.2010.
- Saturdays: Wine tasting, 1-6 p.m., Wildside Wine, 608A S. Oxford St., Tacoma, 253.565. 0811.
- Sunday, Nov. 23: Belgium and England beer tasting, 2-5 p.m., $5 for six, 99 Bottles, 35002 Pacific Hwy. S., Federal Way, 253.838.2558).
- Mondays: $5 Wine Mondays, 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., $5 glass of wines, Rosewood Café, 3323 N. 26th St., Tacoma, 253.752.7999.
- Wednesday, Dec. 3: Sam Adams Beer Bash, 4-8 p.m., $1 for five beer samples, 99 Bottles, 35002 Pacific Hwy S., Federal Way, 253.838.2558.
- Friday, Dec. 5: Wildside Wine Anniversary Party: Sparklers and Ports, 6-9 p.m., $15, 608 S. Oxford St., Tacoma, 253.565.0811.